Friday, November 02, 2007

Nicely Design Websites

Sometimes I need a little inspiration while designing - so, in an effort to provide a little spark to your creative juices, here are a few simply designed websites you might want to checkout. Remember your websites DO need to show "improvement/ growth" from your original design. In some cases this might require a complete re-design = I would again, invite you to seek formative feedback as often as possible - and from different sources.

My buddy just re-designed his design company site (CreativeSqueeze). It has a nice, Web 2.0 typical design, based on a blog set-up. He has nice use of color, typography, and texture.

I have always enjoyed Dave Werner's site. It is pretty basic - just a sliced up grouping of images. But it works as a "fun" portfolio site.

This one is a little more intense - meaning it would take a few more hours of programming, but I am sure it will provide you some inspiration.


I believe Rachel found this one - and I think we even discussed it in class. It has a wonderfully simple design, yet, it is very functional. Remember: less if more (well, that's not always true - but with design, it usually is.)

Now, I'll admit this next one is a little strange - and might not be considered to be "pretty", but you'll have to admit, it's 'pretty cool' - bc it's a WIKI. That's right, any of the students at this design college can change and update the school's website. Not a bad idea.

The "Red Cross" legacy site is really interesting - everything loads on the same page - and is fairly interactive. It also uses a lot of white space - which makes it easily navigable, and very functional.


Obviously I have tons of other favorites - or rather sites that I think are interesting, and I think I'll post those later. For now, enjoy these few samples - hopefully, they get your creative juices going.

No comments: